Thursday 18 August 2011

Shoe-manship


Photo Credit: Stephan Gladieu
Source: The Design Issue, GoodWeekend Magazine, August, 2011



Above: The amazing work of  Mr Louboutin
Photo Credit: unknown




Christian Louboutin, the world-famous shoe designer clearly is passionate about what he does and so of course, are his well-heeled customers. Good Weekend in their Design Issue recently did a great article about him and reading it brought back a vivid memory of mine; the very first time I came eye to eye with a real, live Louboutin shoe. It was New York 2006, in the Manhattan Saks department store. I had held the object of desire in my hand; so perfectly balanced and light with the gorgeous flourish of the designer's name on the instep. But the timing was all wrong; I was travelling around the world with already out of control luggage levels. We met back up again a few years later, this time on home soil at David Jones. This time I tried the shoe on; but alas no luck. Like a Cinderella story gone bad, the french design was too tight across the width of my foot. I was, and guess will be, forever forsaken.

Tell me do you find them too small?

5 comments:

  1. love Mr L's work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you go shopping in New York, Miss Silk, I demand to come along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never had the pleasure but I've heard this before. They are beautiful aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love his shoes but unlike Miss Silk I surprisingly have not tried a pair on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your floral wallpaper Miss silk

    ReplyDelete

Please provide your comments here: